Think about it.......

" To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation." - Yann Martel in 'Life of Pi'

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Matrimonial capers cont'd.........

Almost a week now since I put in my profile. Yesterday I finally decided to check it for responses, so I logged into one of the matrimonial site. Within the next half an hour I was inundated with IMs from interested suitors. Now the IM system is a good idea to encourage people to communicate with and find potential suitors. But of the many responses I responded to unfortunately very few were even serious about marriage, most seemed to be there for want of a better way to while their time, have some 'fun'. It took me a good deal of time to make out what they were really upto and I ain't even sure whether to trust the responses I have recieved.
So I did meet atleast one interesting person and we hit off well too, however we got into a tangle over the issue of religion (ah of all the things!) left it unresolved, lets see what develops. Among the other responses I recieved I felt pity for the responses by divorcees and such single men lookin for a second chance. They typically used words like 'lowered your expectations' or 'I m sorry', 'sorry to diappoint you' etc. They seem to tread so cautiously, afraid of being hurt a second time, feel like u need to applaud them just for making the effort. Of course maybe I am just letting my emotions get the better of me!

No comments: