Think about it.......

" To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation." - Yann Martel in 'Life of Pi'

Friday, June 15, 2007

The hunt is on

Few more days of huntin and here's the news.

Whew! I did get some replies to my postings in the matrimonials! That soothes my ego!
The moment I announced it, however was quite remniscent of A Red Indian war cry. As soon as I announced, there my dad stood on one side and my mom at the other, carefully scrutinising the screen.....wht they were lookin for....mom, a good god fearing boy eho would be totally Christian n dad, a "decent" hard workin Hindu........phew....where do I find that combination. I mean alright the first few qualities are not impossible, but mixed religion or "hybrid" as my friends would love to tease me, now thats a tall order. Can I really make both happy? Maybe I should start a group of all the "hybrids" out there and perhaps I might find "the one".

The only option left for me at that delicate juncture (both gave me the most endearing looks all meaning to see whose side I would take) was...show interest in the one totally different religion Muslim reply recieved. Now that was a 'Kodak' moment....the incredulous look on my parents face when I made my interests clear! Of course my interest however was of no consequence, 'our daughter would never do that, she listens to us', and the proposal was as quickly chucked out.

So back again to the hunt..........

No comments: