Think about it.......

" To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation." - Yann Martel in 'Life of Pi'

Sunday, June 12, 2005

And more nightmares.........

I have been having nightmares rather frequently these days. Every night I see one, small ones, but enough to wake me up. The scariest one I saw was rather silly too. But I was scared enough to curl up with my mother for the rest of the night.

I dreamt that I was kind of a scientist working in a lab and I had created a small, tiny human being the size of a finger. While creating it someone suddenly intrudes and I drop him and he is hurt all over, bloody all over. I wrap him up in bandages so that now he looks like a really tiny mummy but is bloody still. The blood simply soaks up the bandages and it’s really yucky. I place him on a petri dish and watch over him as life simply leaves his body. I am feeling helpless as he dies. I lift the dish looking at the lifeless body and I am wondering what to do next when someone suddenly intrudes and says that there is a whole committee waiting outside to watch me and my tiny miracle. I am wondering now what to do, there are people waiting outside, when some other female scientist walks in and I tell her that the tiny thing is dead already. She laughs sarcastically and says just breathe life into him and walks away.

I am puzzled at what to do, I lift his all bloody tiny body and actually open his tiny mouth and blow air into him and he comes alive suddenly. I am scared; I scream and drop him back into the Petri dish. This time the tiny thing is really angry and as I watch in horror his face now out of bandage all bloody contorts to a really angry menacing face. He picks himself up and lifts up a sharp razor from the table which is almost his size. He holds it like a sword in the hand and I can see the sharp blade glint in the light from the table lamp. The thing advances menacingly towards me and I want to run but my legs seem to be frozen stiff. The face seems to grow bigger and bigger and I drop on the floor and try to back away. I can hear the sounds of applause coming from outside and I am wondering whom are they applauding at, the thing that is now growing bigger or me. The thing still keeps advancing and I keep backing up till I back up against a wall. Now there is no more going back and I don’t know where to run to or what to do and the thing keeps growing bigger and bigger till it’s towering right above me, wildly angry, still holding the razor repeating over and over again, “You dropped me” and then he moves a big bloody hand to clutch at my throat………….and then I woke up.

I was too scared to move, I didn’t actually scream out or anything, but I couldn’t go back to sleep, I kept imagining that I could hear the pitter patter of tiny feet running across the floor (I sleep on a mat on the floor) and I could imagine someone suddenly lunging at my throat. So finally I managed to get up, went off to my parent’s room, curled up with my mom, and slept peacefully for the rest of the night.

No comments: