Think about it.......

" To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation." - Yann Martel in 'Life of Pi'

Thursday, August 05, 2010

Story time........

Oh I am on a roll, made up another story for my pre-preschoolers

The Black Crow
Kayaka was a beautiful black crow.
He lived in a garden with pretty flowers and tall trees. There were red roses, pink lilies, yellow sunflowers, orange marigolds, red apples, green coconuts. And there were birds, insects and small animals too.
Kayaka looked at the pretty colourful garden and then looked at himself. “Look at me, just black”, he said. Kayaka did not like his black colour.
He saw the sun - “I wish I was yellow like the sun”
He saw the sky - “I wish I was blue like the sky”
He saw the parrot - “I wish I was green like the parrot”
He saw the apples - “I wish I was red like an apple”
He saw the rabbit - “I wish I was white like the rabbit”
Poor Kayaka! He was so sad.
Then one day, when Kayaka was flying, he saw buckets of paints lying on the green grass.
“Wow, look at all the colours. I am going to paint myself”, he said.
Kayaka dipped into the yellow paint. “Wow, look at me, all yellow, just like the sun.”
Then he dipped into the blue paint. “Wow, look at me, all blue, just like the sky.”
He dipped into the green paint. “Wow, look at me, all green, just like the parrot.”
He dipped into the red paint. “Wow, look at me, all red, just like an apple.”
He dipped into the white paint. “Wow, look at me. Wait…what’s this….. I am not white!”
The colours were mixing together.
“Oh, no,” the crow said. “Let me try another colour.”
Quickly he dipped into orange paint, but he did not turn orange
Then he dipped into pink, but he did not turn pink
He dipped into purple, but he did not turn purple
He dipped into brown, but he did not turn brown
All the colours dripped, swirled, mixed and soon, he was all black
“Oh no I am black again,” said the crow
A koel who sat on the tree saw the crow and laughed,
“Yes black, black like the night sky, black like bees, black like the little mouse and black like me.
Black is such a pretty colour.”

Kayaka listened and then he thought and thought.
“Yes black is such a pretty colour, like the night sky, the black bees, the black little mouse.
And It is Just Right for me.”
Kayaka quickly washed off all the paints. He looked at himself, “Wow! I am a pretty black, he said.
Kayaka was now a very happy black crow.
Kaa kaa. Good bye.

No comments: